Rice Coconut Fudge : Vegan Recipe
Coconut fudge or Khopra Pak (खोपरा पाक) is a very popular dessert in India. Traditionally it is made of condensed animal milk and coconut but here I made its vegan version in a different way. I used flattened rice which gives it a very good texture. Preparation time is about 40 minutes.
- Flattened rice 2 cups
- Desiccated coconut 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Nuts of your choice (I used cashew, almond, and pistachio)
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Saffron 1/4 tsp
- Water as required
- Soak flattened rice in 1 and a half cup of water and saffron in 2 tbsp of coconut milk for about 10 -15 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and add this soaked flattened rice.
- Add coconut milk and desiccated coconut, stir continuously, keep the flame low to medium.
- When oil started to come out add sugar and saffron milk, keep stirring for 10 minutes or till it becomes like a lump.
- Add raisins, cardamom powder, and crushed nuts.
- Spread in a tray garnish with nuts and leave it to cool down or keep in the fridge.
- Cut into small pieces and enjoy this vegan delicacy!