Where can I find info on individual stocks?
I've been finding it quite difficult to gather information on individual biotech stocks, especially historic info.
I was hoping to come across the ONE fountain of knowledge that saves me having to screen several websites.
Here's a list of sites I've been using up until now
- Yahoo Finance - usually the first place I go
- The Street - Yahoo alternative
- Seeking Alpha - Yahoo alternative
- ZeroHedge - general market insights
- a few other general sites
- FierceBiotech - oftentimes old news
- The Motley Fool - was good for historic info in a previous article
- company website - good for press releases, pipeline overview
- Twitter - ticker search using '$TICK'
Some sites I have bookmarked but not used much yet
I'm not sure what the different news sites add that the Yahoo-type sites don't provide. In fact, it can be quite a pain looking for a ticker on those sites. Yahoo crosslinks mostly go to other sources. Once I delve deeper into my research their use to me might become apparent or help me to weed out some of those sites.
I'd quite like a resource with well-written, credible opinion pieces - not to blindly follow other people's advice but to understand how market and price action can be interpreted. The Street seems to be a good starting point for that.